Discontinuous Galerkin method for a 2D nonlocal flocking model
- ID: 2756, RIV: 10367320
- ISSN: not specified, ISBN: 978-80-85823-67-7
- source: Programs and Algorithms of Numerical Mathematics 18
- keywords: discontinuous Galerkin method; semi-implicit time discretization; nonlocal problems; flocking dynamics
- authors: Václav Kučera, Andrea Živčáková
- authors from KNM: Kučera Václav, Živčáková Andrea
We present our work on the numerical solution of a continuum model of flocking dynamics in two spatial dimensions. The model consists of the compressible Euler equations with a nonlinear nonlocal term which requires special treatment. We use a semi-implicit discontinuous Galerkin scheme, which proves to be efficient enough to produce results in 2D in reasonable time. This work is a direct extension of the authors' previous work in 1D.