On the interaction of compressible flow and human vocal folds
- ID: 2638, RIV: 10103885
- ISSN: 0930-8989, ISBN: 978-94-007-2068-8
- source: Vibration Problems ICOVP 2011
- keywords: fluid-structure interaction; ALE method; discontinuous Galerkin finite element method; biomechanics of voice
- authors: Jaroslava Prokopová, Miloslav Feistauer, Jaromír Horáček, Adam Kosík, Václav Kučera
- authors from KNM: Feistauer Miloslav, Kučera Václav
The paper is devoted to the numerical solution of interaction of compressible flow with elastic structure with application to the simulation of flow in vocal folds. It is described by the coupling of compressible Navier-Stokes equations and dynamical elasticity system, solved by the combination of the discontinuous Galerkin method for the solution of the flow field and conforming finite elements for the elasticity problem.