Efficient solution strategy for the semi-implicit discontinuous Galerkin discretization of the Navier-Stokes equations
- ID: 2615, RIV: 10103733
- ISSN: 0021-9991, ISBN: not specified
- source: Journal of Computational Physics
- keywords: efficient solution strategy; semi-implicit discontinuous Galerkin discretization; Navier-Stokes equations
- authors: Vít Dolejší, Martin Holík, Jiří Hozman
- authors from KNM: Dolejší Vít
The paper deals with the numerical solution of the system of the compressible Navier-Stokes equations with the aid of the interior penalty Galerkin method. We employ a semi-implicit time discretization which leads to the solution of a sequence of linear algebraic systems. We develop an efficient strategy for the solution of these systems. The presented numerical experiments show that the proposed strategy is efficient for steady-state problems using various grids, polynomial degrees of approximations and flow regimes. Finally, we apply this strategy with a minor modification to an unsteady flow.