Numerical simulation of airfoil vibrations induced by compressible flow
- ID: 2465, RIV: 10051857
- ISSN: not specified, ISBN: 978-0-7354-0831-9
- source: International Conference of Numerical Analysis and Applied Mathematics ICNAAM 2010
- keywords: flow induced vibrations; compressible flow; discontinuous Galerkin method
- authors: Miloslav Feistauer, Václav Kučera, Petr Šimánek
- authors from KNM: Feistauer Miloslav, Kučera Václav
The paper is concerned with the numerical solution of interaction of compressible flow and a vibrating airfoil with two degrees of freedom, which can rotate around an elastic axis and oscillate in the vertical direction. Compressible flow is described by the Euler or Navier-Stokes equations written in the ALE form. This system is discretized by the semi-implicit discontinuous Galerkin finite element method (DGFEM) and coupled with the solution of ordinary differential equations describing the airfoil motion. Computational results showing the flow induced airfoil vibrations are presented.