DGFEM for the numerical solution of compressible flow in time dependent domains and applications to fluid-structure interaction
- ID: 2442, RIV: 10051855
- ISSN: not specified, ISBN: 978-989-96778-1-4
- source: V European Conference on Computational Fluid Dynamics ECCOMAS CFD 2010
- keywords: DGFEM; compressible flow; time dependent domains; fluid-structure interaction
- authors: Miloslav Feistauer, Jan Česenek, Jaromír Horáček, Václav Kučera, Jaroslava Prokopová
- authors from KNM: Feistauer Miloslav, Kučera Václav
The paper is concerned with the simulation of inviscid and viscous compress- ible flow in time dependent domains. The motion of the boundary of the domain occupied by the fluid is taken into account with the aid of the ALE (Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian) formulation of the Euler and Navier-Stokes equations describing compressible flow. They are discretized by the discontinuous Galerkin finite element method using piecewise polynomial discontinuous approximations. The time discretization is based on a semi-implicit linearized scheme, which leads to the solution of a linear algebraic system on each time level. As a result we get an efficient and robust numerical process. The applicability of the developed method will be demonstrated by computational results obtained for compressible inviscid and viscous flow in channels with moving walls and flow induced airfoil vibrations.