Space-time DG method for nonstationary convection-diffusion problems
- ID: 2441, RIV: 10051847
- ISSN: not specified, ISBN: 978-3-642-11795-4
- source: Numerical Mathematics and Advanced Applications 2009
- keywords: space-time discontinuous Galerkin; nonstationary convection-diffusion; error estimates
- authors: Miloslav Feistauer, Václav Kučera, Karel Najzar, Jaroslava Prokopová
- authors from KNM: Feistauer Miloslav, Kučera Václav
The paper is concerned with the theory of the discontinuous Galerkin finite element method for the space-time discretization of a nonlinear nonstationary convection-diffusion initial-boundary value problem. The discontinuous Galerkin method is applied separately in space and time using, in general, different space grids on different time levels and different polynomial degrees p and q in space and time dicretization. The analysis of error estimates is described.