Discontinuous Galerkin solution of compressible flow in time-dependent domains
- ID: 2493, RIV: 10051834
- ISSN: 0378-4754, ISBN: not specified
- source: Mathematics and Computers in Simulation
- keywords: Discontinuous Galerkin solution; compressible flow; time-dependent domains; ALE formulation
- authors: Miloslav Feistauer, Václav Kučera, Jaroslava Prokopová
- authors from KNM: Feistauer Miloslav, Kučera Václav
This work is concerned with the simulation of inviscid compressible flow in time dependent domains. We present an ALE (Arbitrary Lagrangian-Eulerian) formulation of the Euler equations describing compressible flow, discretize them in space by the discontinous Galerkin method and introduce a semi-implicit linearized time stepping for the numerical solution of the complete problem. Special attention is paid to the treatment of boundary conditions and the limiting procedure avoiding the Gibbs phenomenon in the vicinity of discontinuities. The presented computational results show the applicability of the developed method.