On spurious oscillations at layers diminishing (SOLD) methods for convection-diffusion equations: Part II - Analysis for P1 and Q1 finite elements
- ID: 2539, RIV: 10027594
- ISSN: 0045-7825, ISBN: not specified
- source: Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering
- keywords: spurious; oscillations; layers; diminishing; methods; convection-diffusion; equations; Analysis; finite; elements
- authors: Volker John, Petr Knobloch
- authors from KNM: Knobloch Petr
The most promising SOLD methods are investigated for P1 and Q1 finite elements. In particular, the dependence of the results on the mesh, the data of the problems and parameters of the methods are studied analytically and numerically.